Mold Remediation


Mold is a word that’s usually associated with the fuzzy stuff that grows on stale bread. It doesn’t come across as threatening by any means, but did you know it can pose serious risks to your health and property? 

Since ancient times, mold has been known to eat away at wood, drywall, paper and fabrics. It can also cause a myriad of health issues that range from simple skin irritation to dreaded diseases like cancer.

If you suspect or spot mold growth in your property, take decisive action and seek professional assistance. Titan Restoration is a full service cleaning, restoration and mold remediation service provider that serves thousands of clients. We have the knowledge, equipment and expertise to handle mold infestation no matter how big or small. We have a knack for finding mold wherever it may exist, removing mold safely and ensuring that it doesn’t come back to haunt you again. Call Titan Restoration today for fast and effective mold remediation at your property. 

Serious Health Risks from Mold

There’s a misconception that mold can only make you sick if you accidentally ingest it. In reality, you don’t have to have direct skin contact with a mold colony to expose yourself to health risks. Mold spores tend to fly around the area where the colony is, allowing them to land on your skin and get inhaled. Here’s a list of negative effects that can adversely affect your health when you’re heavily exposed to mold spores:

 Skin irritation – some people have skin that’s sensitive to mold spores and their tubular hyphae. This can result in redness and itching for these individuals.

Allergic reactions and asthma attacks – When mold spores are inhaled, there’s a wide variety of respiratory disorders that can ensue. People with strong immune systems may not feel the effects, but other people can experience wheezing and watering in their noses. People with pre-existing allergies to mold can experience more severe symptoms. The greatest concern would be for people with asthma. Mold can trigger attacks and make breathing very difficult for afflicted individuals.

Neurotoxicity – Under certain conditions, regular black mold can produce poisonous mycotoxins. When this happens, watch out. Headaches, nausea and malaise are some of the milder symptoms of neurotoxicity. In some of the worst cases, bleeding and even cancer have been linked to mycotoxin exposure.

These effects are more hazardous to people with weak respiratory systems due to existing conditions like asthma or allergies. Children, infants and the elderly run a higher risk of infection as well. As such, to avoid any dangerous complications, it’s best to leave this to the experts. Titan Restoration has been in the business of mold removal since 1996. We will gladly service any area within Maricopa and Pinal Counties of Arizona.

Don’t Try to Clean Up Mold Yourself

If you don’t have the right training and equipment for proper mold cleanup efforts, we suggest leaving this one to the pros. Traditional bleaching has been scientifically proven to make the problem worse, and there’s no telling how much mold spore particles there are in your property’s indoor air. For best results, rely on professionals like Titan Restoration to get the job done for you. When you choose us as your mold abatement contractors, you can rest assured that you won’t be exposed to mold that may be lying hidden within your walls, floors and ceilings. We’ll make sure to find mold wherever it may exist in your household, or office, to eliminate it completely. We guarantee the shortest downtime possible and we’ll make follow-up checks to make sure all traces of mold really are gone.

Learn more about "Black Mold": HERE   

Titan Pro Tips

Reducing humidity to 30-60%

Ensure adequate ventilation in high moisture spaces such as bathrooms and laundry rooms.  Including checking and using exhaust fans and windows (if the outside humidity is lower than the inside humidity) to eliminate condensation.

Repair plumbing leaks or other water issues and dry the affected area utilizing dehumidifiers and open windows, when weather permits.

Clean hard surfaces with soap and water and allow to dry thoroughly.

Determine whether softer, porous materials such as carpeting, ceiling tiles, and upholstery are salvageable. Clean and dry the materials thoroughly when possible.

Refrain from repainting or caulking any impacted surfaces until it has been treated by a professional.